• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another kicker question

midex717

When traveling with a kicker, should I leave the motor in the full down position, or let it ride on the flip down latch? I have the Merc 9.9 pro kicker. Also, I have heard that the fuel line should be disconnected. Is that a good idea as well?

Thanks!!!!

If your trailer is high enough to allow your motor to ride in the down position (which most are) I would leave it in the down position.

If you have a inboard gas tank (not a portable) then disconnecting isn't a big deal.

Back when plastic tanks were more common, people would close the vent valve all the way, and if it heated up the pressure had to go somewhere, and sometimes it would overflow the bowls of the carbs. Now with built in tanks and vents that can't be closed, you should have no issue.

marine_man

I agree, trailer with the kicker in the full down position if possible. Much less stress on the mounting bracket, not as big a deal for Pro Kickers with the hydraulic tilt but a really big deal for manual tilt motors where the brackets and pins can get bent.