• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whats your best

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last september i caught 4 of them 28-28.5.Never took the time to weigh them as the water was still 72 degrees.The september before last september i caught 2 of them at 28 inches.I seem to be stuck at the 28 inch mark.They are all swimming and growing i hope to catch them at 30+ inches then i will mount one.

I have 5 between 29" and 29 7/8ths" with none touching that 30 inch mark yet. Heaviest one I caught was last fall...a really thick, fat 28.5" that I'm sure was over 10. Have never put a scale to any of them. Still searching for that 30"+++...maybe this is the year?!

I'm with zepman...

My longest is a 30.5" that I caught in early June but the girth was not big enough to go 10 pounds. I got a 29.5" from Gull lake in the October and a 29.5" from LOTW in January that would have been close to 10 if not even more but released them all. I did net a limit of walleyes for a friend in about a 4 hour span with the smallest being a 26" and the biggest a 29" and everyone I was able to hook broke my line thanks to a bad batch of Trilene.

Here are mine. One from Vermilion MN and one from Lake Bemidji MN. Both were 28.5 inches. Both caught after dark pulling cranks. I'm in the same boat as many of you, and don't have a 30 yet, although have had people with me catch up to 29.5 inches. No luck, if it weren't for skill I'd have nothing at all. Notice the lucky sweatshirt and cap. They are different fish even though I look the same, lol.

IMG_1649-1-1.jpg

IMG_1685-1-1.jpg

In '99 I caught a 30.5". I Haven't beat it yet but did catch what looked like the same fish 2 Saturdays ago. Again 30.5" Man was that a fun fight. Pitch black out and then you see it in the light of the headlamp and the heart goes pitter patter.