• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just curious if anyone has had much luck lately. I am planning on going to our cabin next weekend and am going to try my luck on the lake. Also, I am trying to get a good map of the lake (contours, depth, ect.) and also trying to see what type of fish are in the lake...I have looked at the WI DNR HSOforum, but can't seem to find what I am looking for...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Walleyes, perch, small mouth, muskies, and you'll find northerns in Little Round and Richardson's Bay. Walleyes run a little small but there's good numbers there. If you find the perch, they run pretty nice, caught one of the biggest perch I've ever caught out of there. Also good numbers and size on the small mouths.

About 6 or 7 years ago the DNR put some lake trout in there. Not sure if any are still in there or not or if they put any more in it. You could call the DNR office in Hayward and find out though.

Well, we had a great weekend despite the cold front and rain that moved in Saturday evening. Friday afternoon I was able to catch a decent northern and got into the best fishing of the weekend Friday evening catching a slew of smallies. Saturday afternoon we went back out and were able to catch a few more bass. Sunday, fighting the weather, we went out one last time and only caught 2 fish. One small smallie, and the next was the fish of the weekend. A 7 pound northern. All fish were released and look forward to catching more when we venture to the cabin more this year.

Thanks again for everyone's help, I was able to pick up a decent map which helped locate the fish we were targeting.

Chad