• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Monster for My Boat

wastewaterguru

I was pretty excited to get a 45 pounder on Saturday......

But this pig that Audemp Caught last night out of my boat was just a SOW with a capital "SOW". We anchored along a seam with some slack water next to us and Mark tosses his bait into about 3 or 4 feet of water right next to the boat. No clicker and no thump.....just something looked a little different on the rod tip.

What she lacked in initial bait thumping, she made up for in kicking Audemp's arms into lactic acid overload.

Another personal best out of my boat.....I love it.

47.5 by 30 and weighed at 48 pounds.

IMG00040.jpg

And since I helped retrieve the hook....I got to pay the price for his fish........

IMG00042.jpg

Dr. J's River Pro prescribes out another PB grin WWG and Audemp you guys are sure putting on a clinic this spring for big flats.

Man if that is the area of the river you guys have been running the last couple weeks, things have sure changed this year grin

Very cool Audemp smile

I wouldn’t balk at anyone if they were to call that one a 50!!!

It’s tough to break that 30” girth and not come up with a 50 pound fish.

WOW that is a beast congrats Marc!!

The best part of that fish is that I was made privy to where it was caught and I know WWG is pretty much the only person I’ve seen to ever fish there, admittedly I probably would have passed on it. Kudos to John for finding that one.

What friggin' piggies! Nice work on the Multiple Big Fish (MBF) caught over the last week.

Just curious, what kind of bait have the last two fish taken? A couple buddies and I are headed out tonight, and I was planning on using bigger fresh cut sucker since we're fishing while it's light out. Wouldn't be a confidence bait though for flatties since i'm so used to putting a bullie on the end of the line.

I tell you what, if it was not for John I would have missed that bite! Its funny how some of the biggest flats will bite so subtley. Man and it but on a battle for sure. When I reared back and set the hook into that monster all I felt was no give and one big head shake. I was like oh man its a big fish! You know its a pig, when the fish is about 4 or 5 feet down and it creates a wave about 5 feet away from where it once was... that and when its head broke water in front of us and it looked like the top of a 30 gal green trash can cover.

We were using bullies and I was fishing in the shallows, which I think when the bite is on these fish are on the prowl actively searching for food. An interesting thing we notice was something about 5 minutes earlier creating this big mud/ clay slick right near shore. We had a feeling it was a big flat.

Here is another pic of the beast.

[img:center]48.jpg

[img:center]2.jpg

Since nobody has actually said it, I call that a 50 pounder +

NICE!!!

I'll say it as well, been thinking it since I first saw the photo.

Someone may want to check their scale. grin

Assuming the dimensions are accurate, and I'll even give an inch in each direction for margin of error, that fish has to be over 50.

When assessing a photo, it helps when you know how big a guy is and I've met and fished with Mark several times. Look at the size of the mouth and head on that beast. You can put 3 hands on its lower jaw, there's a sign of a big fish.

Bad news today is my motor assessment is inconclusive. Still a loud knock, not sure where its coming from. frown