• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a good place to Hunt Caribou

snowgoose

I am looking for a good outfitter that isn't to expensive. Anybody done one of these trips? Pros/Cons of going?
I am looking at going in the next two years and would like some first hand knowledge.
Thank in advance.

------------------
Hunt Snow Geese, Save the tundra

I have a buddy that hunted at Munroe Lake Lodge last fall. He and his father took 3 boo and his father got to put down polar bear that invaded their camp. 1 boo was a Manitoba record for a non-resident and they went to the awards banquet in Winnepeg and had a blast and made some good contacts for hunting all things great and small. It is not a cheap hunt and is booked through 06.

I am going up to Shefferville with a group of 12 sept 2005. I did a lot of investegating and Jack Hume Adventures seemed like the right place for us. One of the few camps that could handle that many people as they use 26 different camps. only 6 hunters per site though.

Thanks for the reports guys.
Welcome to the board tolly.
I also have looked at Jack Hume adventures. They look like a class act. I have been looking at one in Manitoba also. It souonds kind of cool. You drive to Winnepeg and get on a train to Church Hill from there. Then fly to a camp. Sounds like a great adventure. It will be at least one more year before I can afford to go. I think it is called Webster Lodge.

------------------
Hunt Snow Geese, Save the tundra

Two friends and I went drove up to Thompson Man. in Sept. 2002 and hunted with Canadian
Sub-Artic, check out their web site. You fly from there to a base camp, then out of there in a small float plane to their camp.It's a great hunt with lots of BIG Boo. It's not cheap, but the guides are great, and they take good care of you and your game. I think we spent about $4,500 plus taxidermy costs, but what a great time! I think if I went again though, I'd fly up there, 16 hours on the road is a loooonnnngggg time to be in a pick-up cab!
Good luck and shoot straight. P.S. the Tundra was awesome!

[This message has been edited by wolfman-k (edited 07-10-2004).]