• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog eating Maple seed pods

So my neighbor has a maple tree in their backyard that is currently shedding those annoying helicopter seed pods. Normally its juts annoying but this year I have a dog who seems to enjoy eating them.

He's a Vizsla and a little over 13 weeks old. Basically at that age he wants to eat or atleast taste everything.

Last night and this morning I noticed he [PoorWordUsage] a much larger amount then normal which could be partially attributed to me increasing his food portions but it seemed a little more then just that. Also it was a little runny when coming out.

Also he's been sneezing up a storm the last couple days.

I'm not sure if his eating the seed pods as anything to do with either thing. I try to keep him from eating things off the ground as much as possible but with millions of those pods in my backyard right now its a lossing battle. Would these seed pods hurt him at all or maybe just give him a little upset stomach?

I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow for some more vaccinations so I'll ask them as well but I thought I would post the question here to see what you all might think.

my 10 month old brings in these darn pods from a bottle tree we have. he will sit and crunch on them and same thing start sneezing. I give him a benedryl to help with his allergies. Not sure what to say about the maple pods the ones i have a fairly large in size like golf ball. One lesson we learned was he does not go out without supervision until he is a bit older. good luck