• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need a new prop

After this weekend, I need a new prop for my boat.

My questions are: What prop should I get?

Are there differences in brands?

What does it mean to have a certain pitch?1

The boat: Alumacraft Competitor 170CS, 65hp Johnson.

Thanks to anyone that answers!!!

Sounds like you damaged your prop? One option is to have it repaired. If you need to replace it, if your boat was running good you should stay with an identical prop. Pitch affects how much the prop moves in 1 revolution, you need to have the correct pitch to keep your motor in the proper rpm range at WOT. A higher pitch prop will make your boat faster but will drop your rpms and hurt your holeshot, a lower pitch prop will make your boat quicker out of the hole but will increase your rpms (possibly over-revving your motor) and will cost you some speed on the top end.

Soderblooms is a sponsor here and is a great resource for propellers.

DEFINITELY Call Jay Soderbloom!! With the info you gave in your post, Jay will be able to tell you if that's the correct prop or suggest something better. His prices can't be beat and his service is top notch!! Phred52