• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 aerial photos, you want some?

Mark Christianson

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beaverlakeman,

The file you download is a zip file, which extracts out into several files. The one you want to open is the file with the .sid file extension. The file icon is a cross-hair on a blue background.

If you have the lizardtech software installed correctly (it is a browser plugin, I am using internet explorer 6.0) all you should need to do is double click on the .sid file.

I just wanted to mention that these pics are pretty recent - at least my county (Dodge) was "shot" sometime last summer between mid-July and fall.

I know this, 'cause I found my place, and it shows my new pole shed, which was completed the 3rd week of July last summer, and the trees are fully leafed out in the pics, which means it wasn't yet fall (late Sept - Oct).

UG

these are great, but you better have high speed. I tryed downloading them a couple months ago on dial up, and it would have took one full day. now with high speed I was able to download aitkin county in 30 minutes. great photos. sherburne co. only took 10 minutes, I can almost see my deerstand.

if you guy are looking for a place to get topos or aerial photos here is the web site to check out---they are FREE---that is the cool thing.

The site is: www.terraserver.microsoft.com

If you dont type in microsoft then it will just send you to terraserver sight and you have to pay.

the aerials are black and white dont know about the topos.

Good luck, and hope the maps are a big help, they are for me.

I cant get this stuff to work. Is there a way to view the file without downloading it? I downloaded the Lizardtech software and freed up a bunch of space on my hard drive (I have 164 free MB) and when I try to download the McCloed file (146MB) it goes all the way untill the end then says I don't have enough free disk space. [PoorWordUsage]?

These are great photos, alot of fun to look at differant areas I have been.. On a side question???? Does anyone know if there is anything on the web for aerial photos for Colorado?????? Any help would be great!!

Thanks

fishing101

There is a point to which you can zoom in, and beyond that, you zoom to far. Its like focusing a set of binoculars.

When you launch the GEO Express viewer, and open your area, look on the lower edge of the window. Assuming you are using english measurements (feet), look at the box captioned "RES". When you hit 1.0 (1 screen pixel per foot), you have reached maximum resolution. Thats as good as it gets.

UG