• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

is it working or is it not?

stifler51

ok so i have an Eagle fish mark 480, i have it setup to see arcs and i dont think i ever seen an arc on the screen, for the most part ive only ever used it to see depth and hold a depth. is there anyway to check to make sure its working right or not? i can practically drop the anchor right next to the ducer and i wont see a thing on it. setup is like 80-100% sense, low noise, low surface and like 65 grayline. any help would be great.

I have my x-96 set up as follows: sens 50% (depends on how deep of water you are in), grayline 65 ish %, chart speed 75 - 100%, ping speed 100%, noise rej. low, surface clarity high. Not sure if this is totally correct but it works for me. And remember if you are anchored and a fish is below the ducer not swimming it will only show as a flat line on screen. If everything is set up right you can verticle jig with an ice fishin jig and that will show up on your screen as a flat line and you can watch your jig rise or fall on your screen when jigging. I rarely see arches either unless im in deeper water. usually just blotches on the screen. Hope this helps a little, good luck.

I see arches on my 480 and have no problem watching my jig when fishing out the back of the boat.

i can drop a 1/4 jig next to the ducer and not see a thing change on the screen. i can stick my rod next to it and do figure 8s in the water and not see it change.

My ping is 100% and chart speed is 100%

I see a ton of cr@p going past the screen in shallow water but its all at random no pattern to it and when i try to effect it (ie jig or rod or anchor) nothing changes on screen. In deep water i dont see any cr@p across the screen but never see anything deep no matter what speed im going at

you are not always going to see a perfect arch unless you pass perfectly over the fish through the center of your cone. Your jig under your transducer will not show an arch but you may see a streak. You may just see partial arches or lines. Make sure your transducer is placed at the right angle. If your still having problems and you've messed with the sensitivity then I'd make another post on where to find fish as that may be the problem...just joking, good luck hope you figure it out.

Joe

Switch it over to the fish symbols then and see if you begin to pick up more "activity". I have the 480 on my bowmount running thru a universal sonar and it does just fine. I use this unit instaed of my Lowrance 520 to find suspended crappies etc...it just seems to pick them up better for me. Also, if you're running two sonars at the same time they may be interfering with each other.

Originally Posted By: cold one sd
I see arches on my 480 and have no problem watching my jig when fishing out the back of the boat.

i can drop a 1/4 jig next to the ducer and not see a thing change on the screen. i can stick my rod next to it and do figure 8s in the water and not see it change.

My ping is 100% and chart speed is 100%

I see a ton of cr@p going past the screen in shallow water but its all at random no pattern to it and when i try to effect it (ie jig or rod or anchor) nothing changes on screen. In deep water i dont see any cr@p across the screen but never see anything deep no matter what speed im going at

I can drop a jig down close to the bottom and it will show up as a zig zag pattern on the screen. I usually run my ping speed at 100%, my screen at 100% if trolling and use my sensitivity on auto. I don't use Fish ID because a suspended turd will show up as a fish and the top of a submerged tree looks like a whole school of fish. On the other hand, my brother likes to use Fish ID.