• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cheese!

Last weak I started a job next to the Bass Lake Cheese factory in Wisconsin and we stopped in for a sandwich. Couldn'T believe my eyes on the variety of cheese. Sampled a few and I my taste buds begged for more. They had all kinds From 10 year old cheddar, mmmmmmmmm,Goat cheese, Gouda cheese, Provolone, Swiss, Parmesan to a chocolate cheese. The cheese were flavored with different varieties. Well you get the Idea.

We worked next to there for three days each day we went for lunch and each day I could not walk out with a different cheese.

The fist day was a smoked cheddar wow! Didn't last long had the right touch of smoke.

Second day went home with a spicy vegetable Gouda cheese little strong on its own but awesome on sandwiches and roll ups.

Third day went home with the chocolate cheese Yowser! this cheese tasted like fudge, the best I ever had, the walnuts in the cheese were finely ground up just enough to give flavor. just sinful.

Were going back in a couple weeks as we have another mile of fence to install but I guarantee I'll be trying new cheese got my eye one a truffle cheddar for the next.

Thought I would share I love cheese and it been years since Ive been to a cheese factory.

If you think Bass Lake is good try Cady cheese, or ellsworth creamery. Well worth the drive to get some stuff.

Heres the rankings

1*. Cady

1*. Ellsworth

2. Bass Lake

* two tied for first place.

Cadys curd god went to work for Ellsworth.

Thank god I live smack dap in the middle of all three. Well almost. Cheese is so good fresh from the producers. Just got to make sure you get there 1st thing in the am for the freshes stuff.