• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesooootan looking for local advise

Will be visiting the relatives in Plattsmouth for the 4th. I have never fished Nebraska and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to haul the 14' Lund down?

I usually target pan fish and northerns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

I used to live at Beaver Lake and worked some at the marina. It is a private lake so the only boats allowed on the water must be registered to the property owner. That being said there are several access lots around the lake most with docks that lot owners and guests can fish at.

It is a good crappie lake, but in July they will probably be suspended in deeper water. Largemouth fishing is also pretty good. I have talked to some guys down there that would go out on the morning of the fourth and do good using topwaters which is always fun. If you find a good hole or brush pile you can get into some good catfish my PB down there was a 29lb flathead caught off a dock. And I've seen and heard of several in the 50 lb range caught in the evenings on access lots. There are walleye that you can catch when targeting other species, but I don't think the eye population is enough to get a good pattern going. They put a bunch of perch in a few years ago, and some are getting to be big enough to make a good meal out of, but for every one big perch you will probably get 10 that are under 8 inches.

The lake gets real busy on holiday weekends, so if you plan on fishing you may want to try early morning. The night of the fourth the lake looks like a war zone with all the fireworks and smoke rolling around the lake, and the lake turns into a chaotic boat parking lot.