• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat paint repair

Well I let my best buddy use my boat and when it was moored it got the S">< scratched out of it, he's all about getting it fixed but I want to know if there is a difference between automotive paint and paint that crestliner uses and if so what do they use any help would be great as he wants to get it in the shop tommorrow.

Thanks again in advance,

Tommy T.

If you go to Crestliners web sight or call, they will have the paint codes available. You can buy spray cans or get the codes and have if painted using the codes.

I did some touch up on mine using the spray can and some hobby paint brushes.Sprayed the paint on a piece of cardboard and then dipped the brushes in the paint and touched up from there. Works good for small chips and nicks.

Mike

TommtyT,

I have a body shop and have painted several boats including my own . If the shop is good they can fix it like new! the paint that we use on cars is the best out there. The only difference is thst a boat will require either a chromate primer or an epoxy primer.

for my crestliner, i bought a small touch up bottle of black pain that was for toyota. i think i got it at fleet farm or wally world. the black matches perfectly. it has a brush connected to the handle. i use it for rock dings from going down thw road and a couple of big scraches from docks. it is a great cheap fix. you cant notice it unless you are really looking at the paint close. i did not put any coat over the top and i have been using multiple times for a year now. $3.00 for the paint. the scratches are not bad enought to pay for a new paint job, so this is great for now. now, if they only made decal touch-up paint! while on the subject, just to put a warning out there from my past expierence. my new boat took it's worst beating when i was up at voyager national park spending a week on a houseboat. you pull your fishing boats behind the house boat, and we were pulling 2 boats. we had bumpers between the 2 boats but they still managed to ding each other up. if i was to do it again, i would take a piece of 3 foot pvc tubing and run a rope through it and put clips on both ends. then connect the 2 boats at the rear cleats or tiedown hooks. this would provide a ridged seperation between the 2 boats so they could not touch. i would also wrap the tubing with a pad or one of those swimming nodles to pad the hard tube. just thought i would throw that out there.