• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Day trip

Rippinlip

My wife, daughter and I are looking to make a 1 day trip for a wheeler ride and I would like to know if anyone has been on the following trail systems and if it would make good for a 5-7 hours ride and play time.

Here are the places we are looking at going,

Chengwatana State Forest, is this one possible to hook up to Wisconsin trails?

Chatfield ATV trail

Richard J. Dorer Snake creek Unit

Richard J. Dorer Trout Valley Unit

Southeast Minnesota ATV trail

Thanks for any advice

Mark

I have hit the Trout Valley, Snake Creek and the SE MN Trail all in a days time and I'm an hour west of you. Some very scenic overlooks at Trout Valley. There's one you need to be careful If you pull the wheeler down towards the bank, there's nothing stopping you from going over the cliff.

I haven't been on the Chatfield trail to know what it's like.

The SE MN trail just goes from point A to point B and then you have to turn around and back-track on the same trail. No loops. But to it's credit, I liked how it went through varying terrain. Some of this trail does run on gravel roads. Do be careful and obey the speed limit. There's some areas of road where it's only 15 mph for ATV's.

Thanks LEP,

We went down to Snake Creek south of Kellogg on Saturday and the trails were nice, spent several hours riding the trails, talking with others and taking some pictures. There was 1 trail in particular I did not care for. The one way that went down the steepest part of the ridge, man between the rocks, turns, washouts and mud. I could see why it was only a one way DOWN, hold on.

Mark