• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thompson Center Black Diamond XR

mtheis

Well, the boys will sure be happy this Christmas! We got them each a Black Diamond XR with stainless barrel and realtree camo stocks at Cabela's. It is a great sale they are having. I also got them scopes to go with it so this spring we will have a ball outshooting eachother.

Any of you shoot this gun? How is the cleanup? What loads are you using in THIS gun? I will probably start with the same load I use in my Remington Muzzleloader, namely 2 50gr Pyrodex pellets with 240Gr Hornady XP sabot. I shoot a nice pretty cloverleaf at 100 yds. Well see about them this spring!

I have a few comments that may help someone in the future. I am pleased how easy it is to clean the Black Diamond rifle. You need no tools to dissemble the striker to access the breach plug. That is a step better than my Remington Muzzleloader. Also the stock dimensions are more better suited for a younger shooter. The length of pull is shorter.

My only complaint so far is the recoil pad fit on the realtree synthetic stock. There must be a 1/8" gap on on corner. I cannot accept that. I will have to call up Thompson Center and see if they can exchange that for me. Also the barrel free floats inside the barrel inletting in the stock. This is not bad, however, there seems to be a LOT of play at the end of the stock with the barrel. I will ask about that.

We just need to shoot them and see how accurate they are!