• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help finding a campsite!!!

I am looking for somewhere to go this weekend with about 6 or 7 friends and do some camping and fishing along with some drinking and I am looking for a good place to go were we can be loud and not bother all the family's camping... if you know of somewhere like this in northern Minnesota please let me know because I want to party but still be respectful of others

Thanks

In Cook County on Fourmile lake there is a campground with about 4 campsites and as far as I remember they are free to camp. Also a mile away is a few spots on Toohy lake which also are free. Both lakes are good walleye lakes. A few other lakes that are close the the same type camping within the aame area is Whitefish lake, Wilson lake and Dam Five lake. All are also good for walleyes.

I am looking for somewhere to go this weekend with about 6 or 7 friends and do some camping and fishing along with some drinking and I am looking for a good place to go were we can be loud and not bother all the family's camping... if you know of somewhere like this in northern Minnesota please let me know because I want to party but still be respectful of others

Thanks

As a non-drinker I have to say I am very pleased by your desire to be respectful to others. Believe me I have been to more than my share of campgrounds where the drinkers could care less about disturbing others. My hats off to you and I hope you find a very nice place that meets your needs smile

Thanks for the replys guys

I know these guys and I know they are going to get loud, I have been camping with my wife and son and had a group partying next to us all night and it [PoorWordUsage] me off so I don't want to do it to anyone else... As sportsman we should respect the outdoors and our fellow sportsman.

I don't how far you want to drive, but Bear Head Lake SP near Tower has a couple of boat-in sites that are isolated from the main campground.

I was up there on opening weekend. I didn't stay there but I would highly recommend the campground and fishing! Beautiful lake.