• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pelican Lake / pelican Rapids?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on DH, rebel rouser, I can't figure out his logic, first thought was well oh big water sure they can coexist, but I've had and seen so many walleyes in little elk lake in the itasca state park at 271 acres and ski's since 1982 I think and it's a catch and release muskie fishery, wouldn't they have annihilated all the walleyes by now if that was the case ? 28 years of muskie stocking and natural reproduction and I still have walleyes looking at my perch suick up there. That little lake with monster fish and a good walleye pop. is why I can't believe they are eating all the walleyes or whatever the hypothetical claim is.

John Davis should not be giving the muskie cause any more issues. I happen to know he spends the majority of his time in Florida now. He is one fellow who I dont think would ever have his eyes opened.

Chad

There was a newsletter in this weekend's Brainerd Daily Dispatch about various lakes, fish species, towns, and so forth and there was a write up about Muskies Inc and then this same character was listed in it along with his HSOforum. Thought that was interesting!

The worst of it is blame walleye numbers on muskie water, yet if we didn't have muskies the blame would be placed elsewhere like electronics,overharvesting,or some crying about fairness. I don't like when a guy easily bandwagon jumps like that yet I doubt he cares less about what the cormorants were doing on Leech lake and pelican island. It's self interests. Call our cause self interest but the explosion in muskie fishing in the midwest is most of our cause now for expansion. T-Minus 10 days and counting.........