• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tired of wildflowers yet?

I'm not - so here are a couple more! These are from the woods by my Mom's house in Chisago City. This is the first year I've gotten a little more serious about photographing these little wonders and they are sure fascinating! C&C welcome..

Nodding Trillium

trillium.jpg

Here's a full shot of the Nodding trillium - I was hoping to get blue sky in the trees - but it was too late in the day and this shot is facing west. I had one earlier in the day, but it was so windy that the flowers were always a mess!

fulltrillium.jpg

Jack-in-the-Pulpit

Jack-1.jpg

The answer to your topic question is NO-O-O-O-O-O!!! Everybody's have been so inspiring that I have even trieD a few (in the wind, unfortunately) and I am learning to id as a bonus. I love the Jack-in-the-pulpit especially.

Very nice Jackie!....certainly not tired of wild flowers "Ever" grin....I saw these same plants this morning but aren't near as "advanced" as the southern folks' woods grin...trilliums are in the bud form...pulpits are just popping out of the ground....ferns are just starting to break the surface here also.... within a week things will change here!...

Thanks everyone. The one thing about wildflowers is their short blooming season. I need to get out in the woods at Mom's about every 4 or 5 days in order to get the next batch of whatever! We're waiting for the "Showy Orchis" hopefully we'll get a few of those this year.