• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Out with old in with New

mno

For lindy rigs, it's hard to beat a 7'ML. The longer rod allows you to pick up the slack quickly and effortlessly. For bobber fishing, again a 7'ML would be my rod of choice for the same reasons as the lindy rig rod.

The main thing to remember when choosing a lindy rig rod is to make sure it has a soft tip.

The 8'3" spinning rod from limit Creek is perfect for both lindy rigging with long snells and slip bobbering. I was just using this rod to slip bobber fish last weekend and ended up rigging up my other one so that my fishing partner could use one too. The added length is great for picking up slack line before the hookset and the tip is soft enough to ensure the fish doesn't feel you. The same goes for lindy rigs.

CLICK HERE to see the rod I am refering to.

Picture2002-1.jpg

HERE is a link to another post on this rod.

Personally I like the Shimano crucial or St. Croix rods a lot. As everyone said for lindy rigging and slip bobbers you really cannot go wrong with a 7' to 7'6" medium light with a fast tip. If you jig much then I would stay between 6' and 6'6"

I will second the Shimano Crucial. You don't hear much about them but they are a great rod for the money and have a lifetime warranty. I have 2 of them and just love them. You don't need a great rod for bobber fishing, but a good quality sesitive rod is everything for rigging. For rigging definately go with no less than 7 ft, medium light with a fast tip.

Good luck!

Fenwick just came out with the new Walleye Tech Elite series rods. Mid-price range with a lifetime warrenty. They are technique specific designs. Picked up a few at the Gander 25% off sale to give them a try, seem like sweet rods and have heard good things. Picked up a 6'3" MXF for vertical jiggin, 6'6" MLF for jiggin/pitchin jigs, and 7'2" MLF for riggin. Paired with Pflueger Supreme 30's, awesome setup IMO. Very light weight, sensitive, and balanced for a mid-ranged price point combo's.

I will second the Shimano Crucial. You don't hear much about them but they are a great rod for the money and have a lifetime warranty. I have 2 of them and just love them. You don't need a great rod for bobber fishing, but a good quality sesitive rod is everything for rigging. For rigging definately go with no less than 7 ft, medium light with a fast tip.

Good luck!

I would second this. Great rods and a over the counter no questions asked return policy just cant be found any longer.

Also look into the Rapala XLT series. The more I use the ones I have the more I like them. Both these rods are nice rods at good prices.

Tons of good rods out there. Decide what you have to spend and then go flex some rods in the stores and see what you like.

I like a 6' medium light for your application. Length isn't as important overall as how the rod feels to you. The biggest thing in a rod IMO is that it has both a sensitive tip AND backbone to set the hook. You need to find a rod that feels good in your hands and has these two qualities.

The best advice I can give you is to go to one of the big box stores that has a wide variety of rods. They will let you try it with one of their stock reels, pick a reel as close as possible in size to the one you are going to put on it. This way you can hold it in your hands to see exactly how it is going to feel when you are on the lake. Even if you don't buy from there, you will have an idea of what type of rod you want.

All of the aforementioned rods are good ones from what I know. Also take a look at the Gander Guide Series and also the several different Cabela's models. I have several Gander rods, a Cabelas Pro Guide and a Fish Eagle, all are great rods for the $$. Also really like the feel of the Tourney Trail series.

Steve