• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coyote/fox locations

Lunker

Once most of the other seasons wrap up I'm planning on trying for some coyotes and foxes this winter. Was wondering if any body who hunts public or private land within an hour of the cities has seen or knows of much sign from these critters on the land they hunt(especially 'yotes), or have heard complaints from land owners, game farms, etc. Thanks

I spent alot of time in Nemadji hunting bears this year and almost every night just after sunset we would hear a number of them howling and yipping. Only saw one in all that time but I know there in there. Nemadji is about 2+ hours from the cities.

There are quite a few in the west central mn area. I'm a couple hours northwest of the cities. Heard of a lot of bow hunters losing deer to yotes when they had to be tracked or left until the next day. Saw a few yotes, but no fox, when slug hunting. Find a clear moonlit night after a snowfall, get a varmint call and have a blast.

I saw a couple and heard a lot more this year while deer hunting up at Pine City. Once winter sets in, you should have no trouble getting permission from farmers to hunt their land. One guy had lost all his barn cats to coyotes and wants them all dead. His neighbor is trying to raise pheasants and REALLY wants them dead. I'd tell you where, but I plan to hunt it myself. But there's plenty of them up there all through the area. Just shoot to kill. They learn quickly, and once they're shot at and missed, they get really hard to get.