• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tracking Deer

LaVoi

What is the name of the spray that is used to spray on the ground and reveal any blood that may be there. Does anyone know how well this works and about what it costs. Also, where can one get this. Would they have it at Gander Mountain or Sportsman's Warehouse. Thanks for any info, I have a trophy buck that is laying in the woods that I lost his blood trail. i need to be able to find this deer.

Thanks for the good advice everyone. I will try the peroxide. I also arranged to bring my brother's yellow lab with. Here in lies the problem. I shot this deer last Sunday, I tracked till dark but had to drive four hours to make school the next morning. So my first chance to get back up there will be this Saturday. I feel horrible that even if I find the deer that the meat will be unusable, but I desperately want to find the deer being from what I saw when I shot that he very well could be a ten-pointer. So my question is, being it will almost be a week after I shot the deer, will the dog be able to pick up the scent and also would the hydrogen peroxide work on dried blood that has been sitting for a week. Thanks for the help everyone, I will post a picture if I find him.

Well after loosing a bear this year after 5 hours of tracking and fighting dead lights I went shopping! I am now equiped with:

3 million candle watt cordless (vector)
2 million candle watt cordless (vector)
500,000 cw cordless (show me)
including adapters for AC and DC

Yep I can light up a field!

------------------
www.bucketrack.com
Hey nice Rack

I you have no blood trail anymore and it has been a week, you can forget the dog. Go to the last spot you had blood, and start looking from there. Check out the area for water, wounded deer head for water. If there is no water near, then head for the thickest cover around. It is a shot in the dark, but if you think you put a killing shot on this deer, putting the time in to find it is a must.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com