• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pictures of your wheeler

coombia21

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SomethingFishy, I see you did a duel register on your new quad. Does a quad with tracks need to registered as ORV on lakes and road ditchs in winter???

Yes it needs to be registered as an ORV with the tracks to be legal any time of year.

I personally have not had an issue on the lakes, but after hearing warnings that others were given I asked the CO working the Atv Fair and he stated it needed the ORV sticker. I went to the DMV, they gave a quick call over to the DNR office to confirm and $38.50 later I had a 3 year sticker. I did this all at the St. Cloud branch.

I will also need to confirm but I believe it is legal to drive on the shoulder of the road, rather than in the ditch. Not quite sure what it will all allow, the ice fishing was the only reason I cared.

Dual registering is a scam! This state is a joke, if it's registered it should be good for everything. Just another way of squeezing money from us. I will not be dual registering my ranger for when I have my tracks on.

Next thing you know you'll have to have an additional license on your vehicle to drive on the ice, shoot I probably just gave them another idea, when will the nonsense stop?

Nice looking machine as always Josh.

I'd be a little concerned about those brake lines being exposed as much as they are.

I've thought that myself but they are pretty tight in place. I have been considering adding some front/rear aluminum a-arm guards. But the Richochets are the best and they have a price that proves it.

Josh,

Congrats on the new ride. Nice looking rims. smile Have you had the tracks on it yet? With the fuel pack on front and no rack extentions, where will the auger be mounted? Brushguards look sweet. How are the Piaa's mounted?

After running 300+ miles with the tracks on my machine this past winter, the XP with EPS would be the way to go.

Dan

Haven't had the tracks on it yet, although I did test drive one with them.

The front cargo box fuel box comes off and a regular rack/rack extender snaps in with the lock'n'ride and I will have an auger mount on that. I can also put the auger under the Otter cover, it rides securely they way I modded the Otter.

Another benefit of the cargo box/gas cans on the front is it helps keep the front end on the ground grin

The Piaa's are mounted to tabs off of the custom brushguard, they were made specefic for the piaa's.