• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
RussDaBuss

Muzzleloader License

Was thinking of going muzzleloader hunting in a few weeks. After firearm hunting this weekend and talking to various people I do not think I will be going. I bought a regular firearm license this fall for firearm season. Now the way I am hearing it I needed to buy the All-Season License?? This would have been my first time trying it so I was in the thinking that a muzzleloader license was out there to buy. Humm, maybe not. Anyone know???

Russ,

You can only buy one firearms licence per year for deer. You are not eligible to purchace a muzzleloader licence this year. The all season licence would have been the way to go.

Thanks Tour. Pro 175. I guess I thought it was like buying a bow license, an individual thing. Oh well, next year I will buy the all-season license. I guess I have all summer to practice shooting it now, no excuses!
Well, I am out the door to sit in the stand.
Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you buy management tags and still muzzleload hunt with those? I know you are limited to a doe, but still good to get out and get the experience. Check into it. There still may be hope to go.

Good question on the mgmt tags. I would think that the management tag goes along with the firearm season you hunted in.

From what you are saying, I sounds like I could just buy a mgmt tag and hunt in any season. That just seems too odd to be true.

What if you didn't rifle hunt this year, but you have been bowhunting, can you still buy a muzzeloading license?

You can only buy one firearms licence per year. the management permits and intensive harvest permits pertain to the type of licence you bought, be it regular firearm or muzzleloader. The system the DNR came up with this year is a little confusing to say the least. If you have a copy of the 2003 Mn. hunting and trapping handbook it spells it out pretty good. you can also call the DNR {651} 296-6157 or {888} 646-6367 they are helpfull at answering your questions.

Good luck!
Paul

Ole,

Yes, you may buy a muzzleloader licence.

[This message has been edited by Tour. Pro 175 (edited 11-12-2003).]

Just talked with DNR.. Being I have already bought a Firearms License for the Firearms season I can not buy one for muzzleloader. If I would NOT have bought my Firearms License for the regular season then I could have bought the same license but selected the Muzzleloader season. I asked about using MGMT or Intensive tags and he said NO... Being I do not have a Muzzleloader License I can not even use the MGMT or Intensive tags...

Thanks for all the replies!! Now I know for next year.

[This message has been edited by RussDaBuss (edited 11-12-2003).]