• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How did it go?

iffwalleyes

So what are the early reports for your guys camps. I hope better than ours pretty slow not that many deer moving. I think that the full moon had them moving alot more a night than usual. We so quite a few does as a party but didn't connect. Well I will be back up thurs and hopefully I can get mine in MN so that I can head into ND and get mine out there. Good luck to all of you that are still hunting and congrats to the ones that got the big one.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

Saw a ton of deer moving, all day long. Total of 20-25 deer seen by myself from several different stands throughout the day. Could have shot shot a few does but held off. Good thing, I got a nice 12 point 30 minutes before dark. Woohoo!!!! He's getting caped right now and will go to the taxidermist.

viddles456
Nice do you got any pitures to share of that monster. I need to be reminded every now and then that it is possible for a deer to grow a nice rack. Wish I could connect up with one like that.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

4 of us got 2 bucks in the talmoon area on sunday. 1-8 point and 1 the same size with 1 goofy point sticking back over his ear. we stayed at the now listed Jessie View Resort and had a good vist with Tim & Rita. Nice people and a good deer / fish camp.
-14°F on the old thermometer on Sat. AM BRRR!

7 bucks, 1 doe for 12 guys as of noon on Sunday. Smallest buck was 5 pt, the rest were all 8+ - biggest 11 pt. Had to head home Sunday, but Monday the meat pole added another 11 pt and a monster 8 pt that out-did the rest of 'em I from what I'm told. Still waiting to see pics from the cousins.

We passed on a lot of smaller bucks to let 'em grow. "Whitetail Catch & Release" I guess you could call it? Catch 'em in the scope and let 'em go... smile.gif

Are you guys with these nice bucks hunting on private land, or it just that good where you are? I was just wondering because I have hunted some public land near Mora for 4 yrs. now and have only seen 1 spike buck. Normally I see at least a few does though but nothing like you guys are describing. I am not new to the sport either and I put in time scouting and checking stands and put in 10-12hrs a day in the woods, but I have only seen 1 doe that I took last Wed. Not that I'm complaining about only 1 deer, just wondering if I should try a different area, maybe further up north?

We're 6 for 6 so far with 4 bucks( A big 8, 6 and a couple of 4 pointers) and 2 does(management tags). We still have this weekend to get a few more.

I broke in my muzzleloader this weekend with a 4 point buck. Passed on several does and a few bucks that didn't offer a decent shot last weekend.

The this weather really put the damper on deer movement this weekend. Not much moving around. Hopefully things are better for next weekend. I've still have two kids who haven't filled a tag yet this year.

Wow that is a nice buck you got there viddles456. What part of the state are you hunting in?? Well things came together for my dad and I this last Fri. I got a 9point + 3 Sticker horns = 12 Points on Fri Morning and my dad got a pretty good Doe about 10 minutes after I got mine. Lucked out that is for sure only buck I saw in our camp but I'll take it. Start out in ND this past weekend the group I am hunting with has 3 does and 1 small buck so far. We have 3 buck tags left so probably going to get a little tough to fill out there but we'll keep on walking.
MVC-6392F.jpg

MVC-6452F.jpg
------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 11-18-2003).]

Great shots! Those are some nice bucks. I went this last weekend. I shot the only buck out of my party of seven, an 8-pointer with a narrow rack was hunkered down in a ditchline on my Dad's farm. Made the weekend. The rest of my pack is out hunting today while I'm handcuffed to this desk at work. At least I wasn't skunked.