• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer tire wear?

AaronM

On the left side of my trailer, the tire is worn down to bald rubber on the inside half of the tire, but the outside half the threads are fine. The right side tire is fine. I looked at the spare tire and it also has the wear on half of the tire. How serious is the problem?

I wonder if the bearings are bad, or the camber or whatever it's called. I had the same kind of wear on both tires on the used rig I bought until I replaced the bearings. They were pretty bad.

I just pulled the tire off today to repack the bearings, but by all looks there is no indication of a faulty bearing, everything looks to be good on the inside. I double checked the two worn tires and the wear is on half of the circumference of one tire and 3/4 on the other one. Really scratching my head on this one.

How does it pull, any "WoBlInG" or fishtailing?

Is the boat to heavy for the trailer springs?

Is the axcel square, or possibly bent?

It is strange that it only is happening to the one tire.?.?.? Good that you cought it before it blew out on the side of the road. eek

I agree with the bent axle idea. Don't rely on just looking to see if the whole axle is straight though. Trailers have stub axles welded to the axle tube. I had a trailer where the weld on the left stub axle cracked allowing the wheel to tip in. The other side was fine.