• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shaky head techniques?

apegs

I just bought some shaky head jigs and some worms that look like they might go with it. I have a few questions regarding them.

1. How do you use them and what part of the lake? ( weeds,structure,ect) and can they be used all summer long?

2. Are there specific worms for shaky heads? I bought some that had a real long twisty tail and then some long straight ones. Not sure if they are the right worms.

I am by no means an expert on this technique but I have always used them in clean rock or sand type situations. I have have used them on weedlines as well but not my favorite for that. I have had great success with them on sand spots and rock transitions on the edges though.

As far as the worm goes I have always gone with straight worms or " U tail" worms. Trying to stay away from bulky plastics as this seems to take away the action.

Inside weedlines are a great place as well making super long casts on dead stick'n the bait.

Good luck!!

I have not found many places where they dont work. Great bait for negative fish. As far as plastics go, I use straight or cut-tail worms. I think the curly tail worms have too much action most of the time.

I agree staight tail worm, over sand or gravel or rock cast out leave slack in your line till it hits bottom

pull the slack out till it is just about taught and shake about 5-6 times on a semi slack line no bite? pick it up and move it about a foot and repeat

but is as deadly in the docks or wood and pockets also but not as effiecient as a jig