• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GULP crawlers

Has anyone tried the GULP crawlers for walleyes, or any other fish? If so, how do they compare to real ones? Im talking about the small 1.8 ounce containers they sell for 5 bucks, are they worth the money or am I better off using real crawlers? Thanks

They do work well at times behind blades, but have only had limited success using them with live bait rigging methods. There are days when they outfish real one 5-1 and other days where it's vice versa. When using multiple lines in the boat (if this is an option), try a Gulp crawler on one of your lines and let the fish determine what they want. So, yes, I think it's a wise purchase. If and when they do work for you, upgrade to the bucket size with the liquid. If not, you're not really out a lot of dough.

On spinners they work great. I've caught a few with them on rigs but it is hard to beat the real thing when rigging.

do you mean crawler harnesses?? and do you use the GULP in the bags or liquid?? I have only used the ones in the bag

I think nothing is better than live bait. I had gulp crawlers on last year because we only had a few live crawlers left and my buddy outfished me about ten to one for walley. The only artificial bait that I think is comparable to live bait is a rapala.