• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Potential World Record Whitetail!!!

Yea, I got the same email. Here is the email and photo. One UGLY buck, but I'd still shoot it grin.gif

faa39514.jpg

Somewhere in Iowa
This deer was just taken by the boy on the right. The boy has muscular dystrophy and is in a wheelchair, yet he managed to shoot the buck all by himself. This buck has one base coming out of the head that is 16 inches
around. About 2 inches up it splits into 2 beams and the deer's C-1 measurements are just shy of 10. The deer carried the mass all the way to the end and had just over 68 inches of mass. I believe the brow tines
on this buck are roughly 14 and 11 inches and there is a 12 inch forked point coming forward from between the brows. The sheds from this particular buck in a preserve from last year and when he shed he also shed the entire bone between both antlers as well. There is about a 1" piece of extra bone from
his skull on the inside of both sheds, which explains this years unique rack."

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 11-05-2003).]

Pretty sure that's not the deer they are talking about. The big buck that was taken near Albia, IA had a very wide and tall rack with a drop down tine on one side. No new pictures of the deer have been released yet as the father has been negotiating with different Magazines for the rights to the photo's and story. A guy that works with my company lives about 20 miles from Albia, IA and is in MN doing some business, I showed him that picture and it's not the big Albia buck. He has seen the mounted "shedds" from the big buck found 2 years ago. Supposedly the big buck was not seen during 2002 and thought to maybe have been killed or died somehow. The father found the 2002 year shedds later but told no one. I guess the land the deer was shot on is owned by the young kids Grandfather. Sounds like the DNR was notified almost immediately of the big buck kill and did interviews with the hunter. It will be pretty awesome to see the actual pictures of the "Albia" buck when they become available.

Congragulations to the young man who shot this deer! Time will tell if it's a world record or not, I'd hate to see this turn into a debate. The young man took a great deer and we should all be happy for him and his dad.

Congragulations again!!!

As we were talking yest. about the Albia buck my friend said that last year some of the big hunting supply companies had least like around 12,000 acres of land in the Albia area in order to get one of their "hunters" the opportunity to get the deer. He also indicated that the photo's/most of the photo's taken of the "Abia" buck were taken via Tresspassing!! Then sold to whome ever to be published. Sounded like a lot of the locals were not too happy with the "hunting ethics/tactics or lack of by some non locals with money". Just some opinions from a guy I work with who lives 20 miles from where the buck was taken. Great deer and I'm very glad for the young man who got the deer of a lifetime!!

That is not the new "World Record" I thought it was too, There is a story about it in thee new outdoors weekly. You can read about it on there web site. That is still a big derr. There will be rumors no matter what when a big buck is killed. I was around 3 years ago when a huge buck was shot by a muzzel loader hunter near Bemidji, There were rumors about it being shot on a feeder, at night from the road.
It is a good story, I missed him at 20 yards ( that still hurts)
Then he ran over the ridge and I heard one shot, He came running back and died 60 yards from me. If someone tells me how I can psot a photo of this deer. I think it is probably a state record with muzzle loader but the guy didnt want it scored and didnt care? He had no idea how big it was when he shot, he just new it was a buck.

According to Outdoors Weekly, Nov 7 issue:

"The photo of the boy and his deer shown here (above in this post)was actually harvested in a 500-acre enclosure by a boy with multiple sclerosis and is not eligible for the Boone and Crockett official world record book." Am guessing "enclosure" means game farm or something similiar.

The actual alleged record deer was shot by a 15 year old Iowa kid and North American Whitetail has an exclusive contract with the family to publish the pictures and story first. The photos and story will appear in the January 2004 Edition of North American Whitetail.

Based on where Albia is, I'll bet that the kid is wearing a Iowa Hawkeye attire. Go Hawks!!!!

The do have a trail cam photo of the record deer taken in 2001-2002. You can see it at the Outdoornews.com in the news section, in an article titled "World record buck myths set straight."

[This message has been edited by walleyehawk (edited 11-07-2003).]

AlbiaBuck.jpg

This is a picture of the Supposed New World Record Deer the Albia Buck as it was know by, this picture was take 2 years ago. I guess the deer had something like 44 points pretty increadable especially for a 15 year old kid.

I read that there have been no pictures release of it after the kill yet. But, I found this picture on the Boone and Crockett web page and the had an article that pretty much confirmed the this monster had been taken.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 11-07-2003).]