• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog food?

Tinkhamtown

Any one feed Kirkland chicken and rice or lamb and rice and does your dog like it, eat it. Any problems? Which dog food should I try next? My dogs will not eat Kirkland regular dog food? Read some where that Diamond makes kirkland and that it should be a good dog food choice.

We were feeding our dogs Purina One puppy and switched to Kirkland puppy food for a cost saving measure. You are correct in that it is manufactured by diamond. They both liked it very much and did well on it. Once nasty side effect was the gas. It really made them stink. I thought over time it would subside as they adjusted but no, the amount of gas and its aroma was really bad. Not a problem if you have outdoor dogs but if its a house dog well the wife and kids are likely not going to be too happy. So after 3 months we went back to Purina One. The gas issues went away immediately.

Once the boys reach 12 months, I will try them on the Kirkland adult formula and see if the gaseous problem repeats (no pun intended). The puppy food is chicken based, so I'll try the lamb and see if that helps.

But other than the gaseous side effect, I was very pleased with the Kirkland puppy food. Growth, coat shine, and the alertness and energy of my dogs on Kirkland was very good.

Do not switch your feed because it is cheaper. That makes no sense at all. This is your pup, feed it the best available. If your dog is [PoorWordUsage] more then twice a day and has gas, then what you are feeding is doing it no good at all. You get what you pay for and it will show up in your pup. Do your children live on hot dogs and chips? Niether should your dog. Cheap foods are just fillers and have very little nutritional value at all. Ask your vet or better yet ask a breeder of good dogs.

I compared Nutros lamb and rice to Kirkland and the ingredients and percentages were virtually identical. We switched and One lab did great with it and the other it didn't agree with him at all. Now we are on Canidae. Same results My 2 yr old lab just gets the walking farts. Just going to stick with Canidae beacause my 2 yr old must just have a sensitive stomache.

I have gas problems with my lab and finally found a food that does not give him gas. Taste of the Wild "Pacific Stream" The food does not contain any grain, all fish and vegetables. His gas problem went from clearing the room to virtually gone.

I think his shedding has gone done and his coat is really shiny since switching foods.

We did have some luck when he had the bad gas to give him plain yogurt after his evening meal. That seemed to help some.

Fetch Delivers in MPLS drops "Taste of the Wild" off at your door for same cost as Chuck and Don's.

Let me know if you would like more information.