• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grill Potatoes!

Recipes like this are fairly common and I'm sure a lot of people have their own, but I think I've found that simplicity is the key. I Made these along side a nice beef fillet for my wife for mom's day. They're too incredible not to share! Not exactly heart healthy, but let's just call them healthy for the soul smile

Andy's Killer Grill Potatoes (Feeds 2-4)

4 good sized russets or 6 good sized red potatoes

6 strips thick cut bacon

1 medium sized onion (whatever color you like)

Garlic Powder

Salt

Pepper

1. Tear 2 sheets of quality aluminum foil (about 18" each) and lay them on top of each other to form a double-layer. Fold the ends over on themselves tightly to attach them. This creates a durable 2-ply sheet.

2. Lay three raw bacon strips down next to each other lengthwise on the foil - the edges of the bacon should be almost touching.

3. Wash and slice half of the potatoes into thin round slices (Leave the peel on) and layer them evenly on top of the bacon.

4. Season the potatoes generously with Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder.

5. Slice up the onion and layer it over the seasoned potatoes.

6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the other half of the potatoes on top of the onion.

7. Place the last three strips of bacon over the top.

8. Make another matching 2-ply foil sheet, place it directly over the top and fold the edges of the top and bottom up tightly on each together all the way around to form a packet.

9. Place it on a hot grill for 30-40 minutes flipping every ten minutes or so to keep the bacon drippings flowing throughout and to prevent any burning.

10. Unwrap carefully to avoid steam burns and try not drool to much from the wonderful aroma. Spoon on to a plate and enjoy!

I do the same thing, however, I use the canned whole potatoes. They are already cooked and don't take nearly as long to make or prep. I also add mushrooms and occassionally corn to the mix. My secret ingredient though would have to be dill weed!

Ham works as a substitute but you should add some squares of butter to make up for the lake of bacon grease. I usually either mince or slice garlic to put in there and use some seasoned salt.

Feel free to use almost any ingredient. Another key is to really seal the edges of the tin foil so you don't have juices leaking out all over your grill.

Potatoes and onions in foil (my heart says no to the bacon!!)are one of the staples of my summer grilling. I just sprinkle with Lowry’s and add a little cooking oil, seal the foil, and cook alongside the chicken or whatever else I'm grilling. I like to cook up a big bunch and then the leftovers get thrown in the frying pan in the morning with eggs!!! Mmmmmm!

TRY THIS! POTATOES CUT IN 3/4" CUBES, SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE IN 3/4" CUBES, ONIONS, CHOPPED BACON. MIX IT ALL IN A BOWL WITH I PACKAGE OF LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX. WRAP IN A COUPLE LAYERS OF FOIL. THROW ON THE GRILL.

I use Olive oil after a buddy suggested it. Mushrooms also help with moisture and I have used the foil pans and then cover them with alum foil. Garlic salt and season all or lowrys best way to do spuds!

TRY THIS! POTATOES CUT IN 3/4" CUBES, SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE IN 3/4" CUBES, ONIONS, CHOPPED BACON. MIX IT ALL IN A BOWL WITH I PACKAGE OF LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX. WRAP IN A COUPLE LAYERS OF FOIL. THROW ON THE GRILL.

That sounds good!! My wife loves cheese, I may have to surprise her with this. But I doubt that I'll get the potatoes chopped down to 3/4 inch cubes!!

Can't wait to try this recipe. Tators are always great, haven't seen to many ways to make tators taste bad.

Last time I grilled some I boiled six potatoes with the skin on for about 6 minutes (you still want them hard in the center)

I slice them the long way and about 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick.

I make a seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle the tators with the sasoning and put on the grill. Then brush on the butter. Flip every five minutes are so until done (takes about 20 minutes). Pretty tastey.