• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fever

Sheephead Slayer

Mannnnnn, do I got Buck fever... can't sleep..
Hmmm, do I pass on that early morning six pointer.....
How about that small doe.......
should I take that decent doe now... or wait to see if a buck is 20 minutes behind the scent.....
OMG what was that!!........ Doh, just a squirrel rustling in the leaves.....
I love the week before opener.... but I need some sleep!!!!
Am I the only one?????????
Kevin

I hear ya! So I'm awake early today (4am)and I just can't wait til 9am rolls around so I can tune in Buckmasters and realtree outdoors for a fix that will get me through til Monday when work will divert me the rest of the week. (HA!) and low and behold????? THEY SHOW THE SAME EPISODES AS YESTERDAY!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Thank goodness for the net so I could check the longrange forecast again and make sure the weather will be good (It Will!!) and read if there's anything I've forgotten, (not that I know of yet) and then went to pick up Gadget JR. and take him out to borrow clothes from my brother for him. (he grew 7 inches since last year?!?) Got my grand dads red wool suit for him to wear under the orange (kinda cool seeing it used for the 4th generation) and then back for the second to the last packing of gear.

Wheeew. Made it thru to the Vikes game.

Now a little help from Mrs. Gadget grin.gif and I'll sleep til 4am! Only have to wait 2 hrs to get up and start Monday!

Looks like I'm not so psych'd after all!

Good luck to the rest of you!

Gadget

I feek the same as you guys do. I have been bowhunting for weeks but the rifle season is a lot diferent. I'm usually solo for Bow. Now its time to get together and have a great time!! I'm so excited. Three days left of work! Man those days are going to creep, but its worth it. I can actually enjoy the long days anticipating the next week.

My wife calls it HF (hunting fever). I love bow hunting, but like others I'm usually solo. Rifle season brings nephews, grandpa, friends, neighbors, etc into the mix. I'm getting so I spend more time helping others get deer than myself, although I spend the whole week usually so there isn't a lack of time in the woods for me. The traditions are the key, I laugh when someone turns "The Second Week of Deer Camp" up the first time on the radio. We have a trophy we give out that you get your name on with the year for the "best" deer. It isn't always the biggest deer usually the persons first deer or the best story. A lot of lobbying by the guys to promote their deer. Have fun, be safe.

I also have the fever. Deer hunting has been all I can think about for the last month. One day at work feels like two. I've made my lists and checked them a hundred times. I have all my stuff ready to go. Bibs and jacket are washed and outside hanging. Clothes are in plastic bags after scent killer washing. New gun is sighted in, cleaned and oiled. The poly on our brand new deer camp sign for our shack is drying. I've tinkered around with my new Garmin Legend GPS enough to where I know how to use it now. I've been having dreams of deer hunting. Some normal dreams, and some weird ones where we were hunting deer in the house! I can't take it anymore. Get me outta here and up to deer camp!!!

Last night I had a dream that someone thought that they actually owned our land and they clear cut it! They also put up two houses! Right where my stand is. 12 hours left of work.............Here I sit

All deer camps have fun traditions which makes the get together so enjoyable, the new guy who gets his or her's first deer and then they do the bragging stuff, the story of how I missed the big one, we have a plaque made up and the big buck goes on it with the name of the lucky hunter it gets displayed every year. We have a hat with a big 12 point buck on it its called the dirty dozen hat, the guy who shoots a 12 pointer gets the hat, that hat has been there too many years, maybe this year it will find a home, my home Good Luck and be safe.

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.......
Last day of work today and the past few days have gone by sloooooow. Can't wait for tomorrow AM to hit the road for the north country. Good luck to everyone and remember to have fun out there!

Hey everyone. Have fun and be safe. I've got two weeks to wait before I hunt. I'm going a little batty reading all these posts and wishing I was headed north too. Guess I'll just have to chase the geese until it's my turn to sit in the woods.

Good Luck! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The oil changes are done (both truck and ATV). The clothes are washed and dried. Just 13 more hours then I'll be on my way.

Wish everyone luck, safety, and straight shooting.