• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good parks to camp hike and bike?

chuckwagon

I know I could sit and look around at the parks around the state to spend my weekends but I would to get a "list" of parks you guys and gals have camped at and thought was the best for bike and boot! ... and scenic picture taking!

I'll throw my hat in and say Tettegouche and Cascade State Parks.

There is great hiking at both. I especially love the loop at Tettegouche that takes you around the lakes and old camp. Cascade has great trails too, as well as many outside the park nearby (Eagle Mountain, Onion River etc.)

You didn't mention what type of biking, but: The Gitchi-Gami Bike Trail runs parallel to 61 up there, and that is paved. With Cascade, you're real close to Lutsen Mountain, which has great mountain biking.

Hopefully you'll get a lot of responses to this. I'm sure there are tons of great spots for you to go.

Hope this helps.

I have kinda got out the biking thing, but we have biked alot on the north shore, Tettegouche, split rock, gooseberry. Hiking? I don't there is a State Park on the North Shore that doesn't have great hiking/scenic trails. My favorite is Temperance, 2nd is Gooseberry, and Judge Magney has some nice trails too.

North Shore is way underutilized, there are some good choices up that way.

The Paul Bunyan trail up 371 is pretty sweet. I enjoy that ride through Cass and parts of Beltrami counties.

Also, don't forget the Root River trail...nearly completely covered by the canopy of trees, cool valley rides, and coldwater streams make for a refreshing ride on a hot summer day. There are a few places to hike around and good fishing from shore. Very good for photography. Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park.

Lastly, the Sakatah state trail and state park. Lots of corn and soybean fields, but I thought I would at least throw it out.

I had heard that most of the state parks were full, but you never know till you call.