• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bolt action 695 slugger anyone have one

USPENAMC

I own a mossber 695 slugster but my bolt is broken I only used it once on the range the whole bolt is not broken only the ejector pins at the end i contacted mossberg but they would like to have my whole rifle. But i wont be able to get it back before rifle deer season starts. i did write back and asked if i could buy a bolt no questions asked. Questions::
What kind of weapons do you use?
Do any of you drive or stalk deer versus sitting in a fixed position or stand.
I would like tips i dont have a stand and am going to walk around the woods maybe get lucky

Yes I have one and it is the only gun I will use for slug hunting. It is incredibly accurate compared to a slug barrel on a normal shotgun. Use the 385 grain sabot slugs made by Winchester, they are awesome. Too bad to hear you are having problems with yours, hope you get it repaired before season opens.

As far as how to hunt it depends on the terrain that you are hunting. I hunt ravines, so I look for an area where a couple of them come together and then walk around looking for signs of deer. If you find a well traveled trail, look for a spot 25-30 yards off of it with good cover. Keep in mind you want to do this a week or so before the season starts, you don't want to be tromping around looking for a spot on opening morning! Then get out there an hour or so before the sun comes up on opener and and wait for old mossy antlers to wander by.

There are many, many other factors to consider and you may be hunting in other conditions so my advice may not be of any use to you, but thats my $.02...

Capt'n