• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wish me luck boys!

hanson

Sooo....Chris, how did it turn out??

Well... ended up falling to 49th on the last day as we only weighed 1 little sauger at 1 lb 10 oz.

My last day pro's game plan for the tourny was trolling saugers on Lake Pepin. I fished with a couple guys who were on this bite all week and when the tourny came, the consistancy of it fell apart. Strategy was to put five 3 pound saugers in the live well and then go look for big fish after that. Good strategy as you'd have 15 pounds every day and if you could get that kicker fish, you'd be set. But like I said, the bite fell apart and my pro on Friday didn't really have good back up options, all of his options involved sauger spots on Pepin and there was nothing going at any of them.

Boy, it was frustrating as I couldn't tell him any info from the previous 2 days. I knew we could go to where we caught them on Thursday and 3-way crankbaits in that area and we would have filled the box but I couldn't tell him that. Its the rules and being respective to the other pro anglers I fished with.

We also trolled upon a group of boats fishing a point in Pepin, one of the boats was Ted Takasaki and we saw him put a nice fish in the boat while we were trolling by. All these guys were jigging, dragging, or 3-waying live bait on this point and catching fish but that was not my pros style, he was a troller. Looking back at the interviews, this point was where Ted put together a great bag on Day 3 including an 11 pound walleye! I believe he pulled 3 NICE fish off this point. We were right there, 50 yards away but we pulled up and motored away. Doh!

Even though I wasn't running the boat, I learned so much. I've started to take notes on many of the things we did as well as notes on tournament strategy as well. I was a part of good strategy and bad and a guy can really learn from it.

Leech Lake is next in about a month so we'll see how that shakes out. I'm so pumped! Nothing like punching that Evinrude E-Tec 250 in the early morning and flying across the water at 55mph in a Ranger 620. Fun! Fun!