• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

white water state park?

chuckwagon

Hey all, I am heading to white water next weekend for a two night drive in tent stay. I mostly hike during the day light hours and was wondering how the trails are here? I like the bluff country parks the most for there more up and down terrain and nice views for me to snap some pics with the SLR! So anyway how are the trails and are there any mtn bike trails there?

I agree with the fire tower. We took a motorcycle trip down there quite a few years ago. If I remember right there is a "Outdoorsy" bar and grill in the town of Elba filled with mounts. It made the ladies a little squirmy with all the animals on the wall, but it was a nice setting for the boys.

CA

I agree with the fire tower. We took a motorcycle trip down there quite a few years ago. If I remember right there is a "Outdoorsy" bar and grill in the town of Elba filled with mounts. It made the ladies a little squirmy with all the animals on the wall, but it was a nice setting for the boys.

CA

Dang, you and everyone else! The place was over-run with bikers last time I was there.

Hey, I'll be down there this coming weekend as well. Head out of the town of Elba, past the Firetower and hike into the Monarch House. Not a strenuous hike, pretty much a flat trai, but the house it kinda neat.

Also if you go up to Hwy 30 (I think) and 74 intersection you can hike into an old family cememtary, forget the name, but it is on the map that you can pick up at the Park Headquarters. Some really old grave markers in there. Hard to spot it.

Be aware that there are Turkey hunters in the woods as well, I'm wearing an Orange cap at the very least.

thank you i almost forgot about the season since i didnt hunt it! well i'll have to get up the to fire tower and check the monarch house! i am getting pumped to get back on the trails again .. i was at frontenac last weekend and that was a blast to hike!

Fire Tower is a good workout too. I've gained a bit of weight over the Winter so it will be a good bit of exercise for me. Don't think I want to be up there if it's too windy though.

No hunting in the State Park itself, but if you go into the WMA it's is allowed in most of it.

I'm heading down after work tomorrow, feel free to drop by campsite #60 in the State Park if you want me to show you some places to hike around.

Keep an eye out for Morel Mushrooms while you are out there. May be a little early yet though. If you don't like Mushrooms, pick them anyway and drop them of at said campgroud;)