• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best bow on the market for hunting?

Deitz Dittrich

Well over the years I have shot Browning, Jennings, PSE and Hoyt. All were just dandy. I think you are on the right track going out and trying different setups. By doing this you will find a bow that feels right. Very important!! From the grip to the way it pulls back to the way it anchors. Tons of variety out there. Stick with the proshops in your area. Tons of knowledge out there also. Ask the rep you talk with how long they have been employed at the shop you are at. Guys who have been around a while most likely won't snowball you. Good Luck!

MY SON AND I BOTH SHOOT MATHEWS AND LOVE THEM. WE HAVE TAKIN ELK,BEAR AND DEER WITH THEM. I AGREE WITH A LITTLE OVER PRICED BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. YOU NEED TO TEST DRIVE THE BOWS YOU NARROWED DOWN AND PICK THE ONE THAT FEELS THE BEST TO YOU.

If you like the Mathews bows check out the Parker line of bows very similar and not quite as spendy. Right now I have a Mathews SQ2 but am considering a parker or bow tech for my next one. Nothing against Mathews they are great bows and the Big 8 pointer on my wall agrees. I just like changing bows.