• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

waterproof hunting garments

What is the best, bone-dry, hunting garments? I've used Hodgeman's and Browning GoreTex garments and have been totally soaked. The only GoreTex that works are my Rocky Mountain boots.

I have Columbia when the still used Gore-tex and with their Omni-tech and have had no problems. Also good luck with Cabela's Gore-Tex.

If your Gore-tex gear leaked I would return to the manufacturer for warranty. I did have one Gore-tex coat that failed after 12 years, but Columbia replaced it at no charge.

I have had good luck with Dry Plus. Got a pair of Gander Mountain Dry Plus pants when they went out of the catalog order business, and they are still keeping me dry. I have been through several pairs of Goretex along the way, and have generally not been all that impressed with it. For the amount of leakage and problems I and my friends have experienced with Goretex, in my opinion it is overpriced and highly overrated. At least Cabelas keeps replacing the stuff without squawking!

I have to say the columbia omni tech is the best. I have a jacket & pants for fishing, and have been covered by waves for a few hours nonstop on Winnie, and remained totally dry. I just bought the new Quickloader Quad parka and bibs for waterfowl. I haven't got to try them yet, but if they are anything like my rain gear, I'll be warm and dry and sleeping in my blind.
Thing about buying stuff from Cabela's, is they never give you a hassle on returns. I had a pair of hunting boots that were 2 years old and pretty beat up from pheasant hunting. They started to tear by the laces, and cabelas said they should last longer than that, and gave me my money back. Always pays to ask.

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!