• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cooking Salmon

So on my honeymoon i drug the new wife out fishing on Lake Superior.. brought home a couple salmon. I've never cooked them before, only had them smoked. What are some suggestions (easy methods) of cooking these. I have the skin-on fillets.

Thanks for any advice!

Really Simple:

put the fillet on some aluminum foil, skin against foil

mix up some fresh garlic and melted butter and brush on the fillet

Put some coarse salt and fresh pepper on the top of fillet

Cook it on your grill. I just cook them until they are light pink.

Take the fillets and put them in a zip loc bag, skin side down. Get some Wish Bone Robusto Italian salad dressing. Pour approximately 1/3 to 1/2 cup dressing over the top, enough to cover them. Marinade for 24 hours, flipping a couple of times. Heat up the grill to med/high, spray or oil the grill, cook about 6-7 minutes a side depending on thickness. Nummy and easy. Goes great with a salad and some garlic bread.

I like to grill them on indirect heat. I've found it leaves you a little more leeway to not overcook them. My preference is to pull it off the grill while it is still a little red in the middle. It seems to keep cooking after you take it off. Just like venison and other game, the key is not to overcook.