• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Repellent

Down to Earth

I use 4' fence around my pines smile those dratted deer... Somebody just told me about some pepper spray or something to spray on trees, but I didn't catch the name. Will be watching to see what you folks like. Thanks.

The fence is probably the best answer since you can't get out often enough to apply whatever magic potion folks claim does the job. Be sure to make the fence wide enough to keep them from being able to reach over it and snip things off.

I planted an apple tree in the fall which added to my previous 2 trees. I was planning on putting up a deer fence the next morning. I woke up and sat on our deck with some coffee. Looked over and that tree was completely stripped of leaves! One night and they knew.

I would go 6 or 7' deer fence. That's what I did last fall around all three. Should finally be left alone this summer. Plantskyyd worked for my white pines this winter. IF they were really hungry though, they'd probably eat them anyway.

I bought a product called Deer Stopper last year. I had problems with deer eating my beans and cucumbers. After my first application, I didn't have another issue. I found it at Lowes in Rochester.

I have had nothing but trouble with deer in my town,, yes we live in town,, they totally destroyed my flower beds, and my veggie garden,, I used a home brew of sorts,, made from rhubarb leaves,, and it worked fairly well. but it's something I had to stay on top of,, if I missed a day, the deer would mow it all down,, very very frustrating!!

I was talking to my mom the other day about this, and she told me of a brand of some sort of deer repellent, (right now I forget the name of it) but will be getting something for this year,, something with some more "punch" er, besides the bow,, lol

Liquid Fence keeps the numerous deer in our woods out of our yard plantings. I've found the trick to be to douse the plants good every week with the spray for a month and then every 3-4 weeks after. Seems to do the trick for us. I can see why the deer don't go near the plants as they smell more like "Liquid Butt" rather than Liquid Fence when you get close enough to them. Still, it works and you can't smell the awfull smell unless you get down on your hands and knees and start sniffing. I'm looking into a home brew for this year, though as the commerical stuff can get spendy.