• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devil's Lake Fishing Reports

Here's the regulation from the ND GNF:

A lure is defined as any man-made object comprised of metal, plastic, wood and other nonedible materials made or used to catch fish. A lure may not contain more than three hooks and the maximum distance between any hooks on a lure may not exceed 10 inches. A single hook may not include more than three points, barbed or otherwise.

Thanks for the report!

marine_man

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I'm going to devils lake this saturday thru the next saturday, will be targeting mainly walleye and white bass, I will be staying at the blue bill cabin on the far east bay. I havent been to devils lake in a couple years and usually stay at woodalnd's resort cause Kyle is really helpful, but is there good fishing to be had in the east bay? i've never fished it before, and if you see a blue alumacraft with a yamah, stop and say hi next week, thanks everyone!

Spent a couple days up on devils lake last week and found the fishing to be very good.We had 4 people in the boat so we decided to use slip bobbers.We found emerging cabbage weeds on windy shorelines in 8-9 feet of water on the outside edges of them.caught 14 nice walleyes the first day from 18-23 inches,and released a 27.5 that day also.fishing didnt get fast till the water reached 60 degrees about 6pm that night,many MANY northerens mixed in.

The next day the wind changed directions(complete opposite direction)and could not locate any weed beds on the windy shorelines in the same area,used bobbers and and fished off the edge of some flooded tree areas,6 walleys,more northerns with the size nicer on the walleys (20-24.5)

Fished yesterday after the cold front had moved through and boy did that kill the bite. We caught 9 pike and 0 walleye. We talked with 9 other boats and they caught 0 walleye too. I did see about 4 total walleye netted from groups fishing the trees. Brutal bite. If only we had been there the day before.....

I'll be up on DL next weekend for our annual trip up. We usuaully do OK on the walleye and pike less than 5 lb., but I really want to hook into a bigger pike (10+lb). Any general tips on what to use or where to go for bigger pike would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, anyone know the current water temp on the main bay?

Will be heading to devils lake on monday the 21st and was wondering how the bite was. Is this a bad time of the year to target perch or is it a waste of time? Not looking for specific spots just anything in general.

I am also heading up to DL on the 21st, this will be my second trip this summer, Perch are going to be real tough to find and catch this time of year, but the good thing is walleyes should be pretty easy along with alot of northern and white bass. how long are you going for? Were are you going to be staying maybe we can see each other on the water and exchange info!

All I got ta say is trees, bobbers, 8-12ft, leech. Seemed no matter were we went if we had this combination down we caught walleyes. Had a great time and caught way to many fish to count. Sort thru them and you got a nice meal!

Just wondering how the bite has been. Planning on hitting the lake on Friday, Sept. 4 with my Father-in-law. He hasn't been on DL since mid-July. Can walleyes still be caught in the trees on slip bobbers & leeches? Any general areas in particular one should start? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks much!!

Fished DL last weekend. On Friday all we did was jump tree to tree. Caught a bunch of small ones and few keepers. On Saturday we trolled spinners on a sunken road catching fish between 15 to 20 inches. We were able to limit out with three guys. Leeches or crawlers are a must. Good luck.

Thanks much for the input guys. I think my father-in-law wants to give the trees a try again, at least first thing in the morning. If that doesn't pan out, we may give spinners a try a little later in the morning.

Thanks again!!

I am trying to line up an ice fishing trip this year to Devils Lake. It will be my first time and am wondering where is a good location to stay? Would target both walleye and perch if that makes a difference. Would not need to be fancy as it would be a guys trip. Any tips on time of year or sections of the lake to try would be helpful as well since the lake isn't small....

Thanks