• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear Alert

DARK30

The Oregon & Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife are advising hikers, hunters, fishermen, and golfers to take extra precautions and be on the alert for bears while in the forrests and park areas.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their clothing to alert but not startle the bears unexpectedly.

They also advise you to carry pepper spray in case of an encounter with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch for signs of bear activity.

People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings.

Black bear droppings are smaller and contain berries and possibly squirrel fur.

Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper spray.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Go ahead...Its not mine. I've seen it before a few years ago and I got it again from a guy in Montana..Still made me laugh.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......