• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just picked up an additional 6-8 inches of snow in Central Minnesota. Wondering if this area picked up snow as well.
It did and it is still snowing in that area. I have had to blow snow for the last three days and I'm getting about ready to do it again.

The thing that I have heard is to have a good 4x4 and a couple of shovels or two 4x4s so one can pull the other one out if one gets stuck. I have also heard that if you lose momentum while driving or get off of a trail, you will get stuck pretty easily. I haven't been out there this winter and probably won't go for this reason. I'm getting to the point where there may be a bunch of ice fishing stuff for sale fairly soon. wink

Thats what I was worried about. I guess the sleds and atv with tracks will be coming with this year. Haha well I can understand that, especially with the amounts of snow we have received the last few years. If you are looking for someone to buy your gear let me know wink

fishing is ok most places. I don't think there is a "hot" bite anywhere but you can probably find a few where ever you go but...snow is real bad. If you have the atvs with tracks or sleds-bring them. You will not be going too far with pickups. A guy I know was on bitter in a pack of 4 vehicles. Figured they got stuck twenty times. Too much snow and blown over areas.

Good luck

not too much to report..over weekend and Monday had a few more inches of snow and 30 mph wind. Very few tried to get out. I know one that tried and got stuck for over an hour. Going to be real hard getting around unless you have sleds. So, don't think there is a real accurate report as most probably gave it up till thaw.

fished waubay last weekend spawn is well over with. lots of males to be had at the moment just have to find them, bigger females are in kind of a funk, they will all turn on the bite hard here in a few weeks.

I hear the lake has been good this spring so far.

I am heading out that way for three days starting tomorrow.

What depths have the eyes been concentrated in and can anyone give me a direction of where to go on that lake. I have only fished it once in the summer.

If you don't want to say anything on this forum, you can email me at [email protected] or call me 320-510-3208.

Thanks!

Avid

Went up for the day Saturday with my 2 boys (10, 6) and another adult. Kept 11 fish (only had licenses for 3-person limit). Probably caught 25-30 walleyes.

Our best luck was on the break between South Waubay and North Waubay Lake. Lot of boat pressure on Saturday. Kanangos lot was full and many trailers parked on the gravel road.

Find some structure on the south end of the lake, form Kanagos landing look to the east southeast and find the point accross the water just south of the point in Breske bay there is a dug out that is underwaterabout 50 75 yrd from shore, and the north shore of Kanagos bay going east you will find an old road bed just before leaving the bay. Try those they usually produce a few quick fish when heading out or getting back in.

Othre than that they seem to be rather active. good Luck

Fished Waubay Sunday morning. 4 of us in the boat, we pitched jigs w/ minnows for over an hour and caught nothing. Switched to bottom bouncers and spinners and sped up the boat and caught 13 walleyes in the next hour and a half. All were in 11 to 17 feet, with the deeper being better. Kept 10 between 14inches and 16inches for a fish fry.

nice work curtistodd i know guys are doing well in 10 feet of water or less as well trolling cranks. Some fish are out deeper feeding on bugs and small worms while i think others are up shallow feeding on young of the year fry.

Don't get hung up on just Waubay, There are a few other lake around that are hitting bigger fish than waubay and just as fast if not faster. Try removing the blade from the bottom bouncer set up, and even hook color changes.

Thanks for the advice guys. Definately not hung up on Waubay, im hung up on Lynn! I dont care to do 6 and 7 mile runs by boat! I just go with my girlfriends family and always vote Lynn, but yes, there are many, many good lakes out there. Its fun to fish them all.