Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neighbor_guy

35hp Johnson

9 posts in this topic

I hope you choke on it!!!!!!!

Some Phole stole my 35 Johnson tiller off the back of my boat while it sat in my driveway sometime on Monday. St. Francis police took a report, but what are they going to do?

I went to start it for the spring so I could use it thursday and gone!!! I followed the tracks a ways, 2 guys. Looks like they drove right into the yard. Cased it first, then ran back for help.

I am madsickmad to say the least. There is no way I can afford to replace it. Just spent all that time remodeling and getting the boat ready and now, no way to use it. I guess I should be glad they did not take the trolling motor or the entire trailer.

If any of you guys know anyone who just got themselves a 35hp Johnson long shaft, with a hydro wing on it, green shaft, white cover.????

Whatever, St. Francis area....

Scratch that, they caried it to the neighbors driveway and a little ways down, then one ran for the truck, either way, its gone. I can do all the tracking I want, wont change anything.

That really blows! Your homeowners insurance should cover it though.

.... Your homeowners insurance should cover it though.

You would think so... But that is not the case here. "Loss and Destruction" Meaning if the house or garage were to burn to the ground (loss), or a tornado were to pick the whole thing up and toss it in the street (destruction), I would have been covered. Theft, not so much. I thought I was covered, but I was wrong. Several calls to multiple ins reps and I got the same response, "that sucks, but we dont cover theft, just loss and destruction."

If those of you who read this learn one thing, it's check your policies!!!!

That's why I have a policy on my boat, costs me $117 a year and is well worth it. Each year I have with no claims the deductible goes down, after 5 years of no claims, no deductible.

gringringrin

Some minor Vindication....

I was going to look at another boat yesterday and pulled out my life jacket. (I alway bring my own) and what was attached to it.?.?.?.? The pull away togle for the "dead man switch".

I can just see these idiots yanking and cussing and yanking and cussing at a motor that wouldnt start. The switch was a retro fit and you couldnt tell.

It still chaps my A that someone would steal it, but it makes me feel a little better knowing it may have caused them some missery in the process.

for your next motor you might want to bolt it on with 2 lock nuts with red thread lock on each clamp it down till you are blue in the face and buy a good outboard lock and if need be a bike lock from the brace to the grab bar..im paranoid as heck when i take my boat anywhere! ohh and keep a lock on your trailer at all times also..

my suggestion would be to get insurance on the boat and motor. check what the policy covers. mine covers the boat, motor, and any factory installed equipment. it also covers upto $3000 in accessories not installed by the manufacturer (marine equip, life jackets, anchors, oars, covers). i can opt for additional coverage to cover fishing equipment and clothing.

just make sure to check the policy over to see what's covered.

i don't know if i should mention the name of my insurance company on here, as there is probably an insurance company that is a sponsor on the site.

We have had a rash of ATV thefts in the Phoenix area for a few years. So brasien that if they know the trailer is in the garage, the will open the garage door by hand and hook onto the trailer and drag it out tearing out the side post or whatever is in their way. I sunk 2 body shop straightening loops into the slap in my garage floor, run 2 3/4 cables and railroad type locks and then also cable the quads to the trailer. If they want them they are going to have to move my dodge, then pull the slab up and then work to get them off the trailer. I know if does not help with your issue, however I agree with the other folks that insurance is cheap. I think for the 2 quads and trailer we pay around 125.00 a year. Good luck. Jeff