• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I-pod touch vs. I-phone

Gatores

Question

Does the I-pod touch do everything that an I-phone can do other then make phone calls? I was wanting to get one or the other, but dont know which one to get. I am not wanting it to make phone calls with. My friend bought an I-phone, but didnt hook it up for phone service just for mobile internet and email.

Thanks

Rick

12 answers to this question

Essentially - yes. The iPod Touch will only work on Wi-Fi, whereas the iPhone will also work with mobile wireless from AT&T. I have an iPod Touch and absolutely love it. I work at a University and instead of toting my laptop around for lunch and things like that - I use my iPod Touch. It is truly awesome.

Oh, and one more thing - the app called "iFart" is pure, unadulterated Genius....

Another difference is that there is no microphone on the itouch. With some apps you need one. There is one app called hot girl or something like that, where you blow into the mic, her skirt blows up. I am sure you can live without that.

------sent from my itouch

"apps" are aplications that are available from apple. Some are free, most cost $. You can find everything including games, books, restaurant finders, pretty much anything. Once you pay for them, they are yours. Alot of them are 99 cents.

setterguy is right on, app sniper is a nice tool. Also check out an App called sound grenade, it's a real high pitch noise some people can hear some can't, but it's fun to turn on in social settings.

Also try jailbreaking, there are a lot of non-apple approved apps out there that are pretty neat and useful.

Also, go with the iphone, money better spent IMHO.

RU

I have an itouch and I love it.

Personally I wish I had an iphone so I could use the internet on the touch when ever I wanted "in service" rather than just on wifi. I am not on ATT so I would've had to buy an unlocked phone or do it myself. I'm not into that stuff so I still carry my regular phone with internet installed.

If you want both features get the phone.

Man, I have come to love the Iphone. wink The 3g download speed of AT&T is very fast. The upload speed is not that bad also (images). I have had an Iphone for about two months and have it on me every minute of the day. The touch screen thing is no prob. I even can type faster than I could on my old "click" phone. I am a typing wise now grin

I got a new lap top last fall and that sits idle now. My Iphone (after a short learning curve) is what I use now. This message was sent via Iphone, just as fast as I could with my laptop.

I heard Verizon is getting the Iphone very soon. Down side to AT&T is the no coverage at LOW. I heard the "jailbreak" could solve this also. I figure when the time is right and I feel the urge, I will unlock my phone and see what this puppy can do. I am waiting to see what a major update that is coming out soon has to offer.

IPhone all the way though.

Yep you are correct Will. I over heard the Iphone and Verizon the other day, with coming out soon(er) than expected. I check into the source I heard this from and it was about the new phone called Pink. A very close version of the Iphone from Microsoft.

If you want to learn more, search MS's website for "Microsoft, Verizon, and Codename Pink"