Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShoreGuy1984

Shimano Convergence Casting Rods

13 posts in this topic

If that is what you want to spend then I would rate them very good

Um. I would rate them a 43.

So thats on a scale of 1 to 1 million? lol... I've felt the convergence rods and they feel nice, but I've never gotten to use one on the water.

They are not bad... I think if you can afford the Clarus, you are getting quite a bit better rod for the extra money..

I don't know dietz... My gf would never give up her convergence!

I agree step up to the Clarus

Sweet. Thanks for all the imput ! I was looking at the Clarus also, and now will have to get it ! thanks

Good choice.. I know there was a recent article.. and dollar for dollar I think the Clarus won.. For the money, a great rod.. You will really like it!

Don't forget the Clarus has that killer warranty as well. I very good rod for the money.

My first rod I've ever bought with my own money was a shimano convergence spin rod. Great rod, a bit heavier then the other models. For the price, quality, and warranty... it was perfect! I've upgraded beyond the convergence but I still have and fish that first rod. It has been I think 6 years since I bought it. I've used it for heavy catfishing, carps, bass, northerns... you name it. Has not broken on me. It's pretty beat up... but it still works great! The Clarus would be a bit better buy IMO. Put both of them in your hands and right away you can feel the difference. The convergence line is a nice one..... but if you can bump it up.. go for the Clarus. You can't go wrong with either!

I just got a Clarus ! Man I can not wait to use it on the 23rd !!! 24 more days laugh

I've been using my med/heavy casting rod on whitebass! Those guys can sure fight!