Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobbyG

2008 Yamaha 75 4 stroke primer bulb

7 posts in this topic

I was sent a new one by my dealer and this one does it too. It sucks in when motor is opened up going across a lake and will start chugging because of no fuel. Tank is full!

Any one know of what is going on? Should I get a primer bulb for a larger hp motor to fix this? Gas valve not open some place or air valve to check on boat?

I have a 1725 2008 lund pro guide. Thanks,

Its unable to vent or there is a restriction in the line before the bulb. The pick up in the tank may be the culprit.

It could be a sticky anti-siphon valve in the elbow in the fuel tank as well.

If this is a new motor / boat I'd take it back to the dealer and let them sort it out though...

marine_man

I had the same problem with my boat, but my boat is a 1987 Bass Tracker with a 1987 Mercury 70 on it. But the problem I had was that the fuel line did not have a constant vaccum between the tank and the motor. I found out that my fitting from my gas tank was defective, so I replaced my fuel line and updated my gas tank with a new mental fitting rather than the old plastic/rubber fitting. But after I did that, my motor runs great and I no longer have that problem. Hope this helps.

bobbyG how fast does your 1725 run with that 75 on it? It was a toss-up between the 1725 and G3 172 when I went to buying my new boat. I went with the G3 and saved about 4 grand. So I'm kinda curious as to which one performs better. Thanks

I get in the high 30's mph depending on wind and load. Mid 30's with a guy or two and live boxes full of h2o. I have my rig packed with coats life jackets anchors etc for guiding so I have no idea on how much weight I am carrying.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    •   Ok, well what color would he like? I got some left over rounded ones from the kids so he wouldn't stick himself even!
    •   Bahaha, was checking to see what the new slug for deer hunting maybe, also? 
    • PF - Sorry to let you down.  I see you are a slug expert!!!!
    • Sheesh.  I clicked on this from the recent topics page thinking there was a new deer hunting thread......  Get a spray bottle with a salt solution and give them a shower. I think water with Dawn soap might be an option
    • I am flattered fellas, but in rebs defense he did say " goodies" and not "goods" or he would have some explaining to do . between the different s.i.t.e.s.  were on I post no shortage of food shots ,so reb grab that scissors from leech lol. You pick up  a belly yet moon lake?
    • wren chick sat on a chair on the deck for over 2 hours. cute little bugger

• I think last year was probably the best/first year we should have gone for it at the deadline so no regrets on that one. We got Pommers at the deadline as well but he had some years left and we were able to resign him and overall he has produced for us so no biggy there either. I'm sure we all wish we could take back the Matt Moulson trade back, that was the only bad one that cost us a couple of 2nd rounders and he looked terrible, but again hindsight is always 20/20. The rest were all minor deals that didn't do much either way.    Someone will get moved at some point, we just can't fill out a team and or sign Grandlund & Nino without it, at least not that I can see. Sounds like we had a deal for the Canadians first but their guy was there so they kept the pick, no problem with Fletcher being patient on the trade front, might have to wait until some teams don't fill their needs via free agency before a move happens. 

• anyone else have any issues with ChartInstaller? I last used it on my laptop a month or so ago and it worked fine. I am getting ready to go to North Dakota for a couple days and wanted to download some areas to my card that I hadn't before.   I removed the sd card from my Hummingbird Helix and put it in the laptop. Opened the CharInstaller program that was already installed and was prompted to update. I downloaded the new Chart Installer.exe file and no matter how many times I download it, reboot and retry install etc it will not install. I just get an error "There has been an error. Unknown Error upacking file C:/Program Files (x86)/Chart Installer/nwjc.exe   So while doing the upgrade I lost my desktop icon with no software to update my chart. I understand there is a 1 year subscription but I just got my navionics+ and put it on this card last October.   Any ideas?    
    • Gotta let youse guys carry on wid something!!! 
  • Our Sponsors