• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Yamaha 75 4 stroke primer bulb

bobbyG

I was sent a new one by my dealer and this one does it too. It sucks in when motor is opened up going across a lake and will start chugging because of no fuel. Tank is full!

Any one know of what is going on? Should I get a primer bulb for a larger hp motor to fix this? Gas valve not open some place or air valve to check on boat?

I have a 1725 2008 lund pro guide. Thanks,

I had the same problem with my boat, but my boat is a 1987 Bass Tracker with a 1987 Mercury 70 on it. But the problem I had was that the fuel line did not have a constant vaccum between the tank and the motor. I found out that my fitting from my gas tank was defective, so I replaced my fuel line and updated my gas tank with a new mental fitting rather than the old plastic/rubber fitting. But after I did that, my motor runs great and I no longer have that problem. Hope this helps.

bobbyG how fast does your 1725 run with that 75 on it? It was a toss-up between the 1725 and G3 172 when I went to buying my new boat. I went with the G3 and saved about 4 grand. So I'm kinda curious as to which one performs better. Thanks

I get in the high 30's mph depending on wind and load. Mid 30's with a guy or two and live boxes full of h2o. I have my rig packed with coats life jackets anchors etc for guiding so I have no idea on how much weight I am carrying.