• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Out Of The Nest (not by choice) update, new pic.

Took the youngest daughter out to see if we could sneak up on some wood ducks out back tonight. None there, so I asked her if she wanted to go check out the owls nest and maybe we could get a look at a little guy. Told her not to expect to see much, the nest is way up there and its starting to get dark. Was I wrong. Good chunk of the nest came down with the birds that were in it. So we got a few pics and left before I got a big claw in the back of the head. (not sure if they would do that but was not going to find out) They all looked fine and if you look close you can some lunch to the left of the birds. I think there is 3, did not walk aroung the back to see if that hump in the middle is a head. But I think its the back of the one on the left. This is the only pic. that turned out. There was a whole lot of flash in the eyes so I gave the the clone tool a try.

Great Horned Owls

3481343185_0dd19530e5_b.jpg

wow, good of you not to molest them,, poor little things have had a bad day or two, doubtful of their future though,, poor little guys,, I wonder what mom would do though,, you said you didn't stick around to find out,, but I would expect an upset mom over that! great image!!!!

Wade, Frank did not seem to concerned. One is in the same spot tonight and just happened to see one other a good 40 yards away under some thicker stuff. Did not look real hard for third but saw no signs of a kill. Did get some of my person best shots of an adult today. They are both close by but spending lots of time with the crows last couple of days.

3485145178_d01e81d4ca_b.jpg

3485124700_51b29c99de_b.jpg

3485119866_f0ce568bb2_b.jpg

Found this guy last night when the sun was going down. Not sure about the other 2, but while looking at this one I did hear a call that I do not think came from an adult, they were visiting with crows. So I think there is at least one more out there, waiting to be feed my cats.

I was keeping track of them a bit and I figure this guy is right about 50 days old now and the size of a chicken, small hen that is.

3544101345_baf6f3bdc5_o.jpg