• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 bumper pull trailers in MN?

I know you can pull a bumper pull behind a 5th wheel in MN, but I heard they changed the law to allow you pull a bumper pull behind a bumper pull as long as it is under so many ft long. Anybody know anything about this?

That doesnt make any sense because you cant pull a bumper pull trailer behind another bumper pull, so why would it be legal to pull two of them in tandum with a fifth wheel in front of them?

He's not saying you can pull 2 bumper pulls behind a 5th wheel,he is saying that if you had a bumper pull camper that you could pull a boat behind that. Dozer, I doubt that this would be legal because thats putting alot of pulling weight on the receiver hitch,as were with a fifth wheel your pulling from the frame

I dont think they will ever pass something like this, nor do I think they should. As SS stated it just wouldnt be that safe. I thought I seen last year that they were going to modify the current law and make the total length longer so you could pull a 28 foot camper and a decent sized boat with a 5th wheel.

I have seen this idea tossed around many times. Is it possiable.....sure I guess, we have a 34 ft. airstream and on the back could mount a ball hitch to haul a 16 ft boat. Now is it legal and safe....Probably NOT. Now I do not know if MN allows ball hitch to ball hitch towing, now trailering a 5th wheel and say a boat or another trailer behind that is just fine. MN state law I believe is 70 ft total vehicle and trailer length without a permit. I will have to admit though I have never seen it listed that you can not do this. Now myself no I wouldn't attempt it, I would have to think it would not be very safe, a weight distrabution hitch, sway control, and brake control would be a must on the first trailer. I would really like to know what the law is though, maybe someone will do some digging to find out for sure.