Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

my first!

4 posts in this topic

i took out an old rattle trap i had where the paint had faded. i decided to make my first attempt at painting a lure. i started with a white primer base coat, then a layer of silver. then i wrapped it in a scrap of a body loofah. and sprayed the stomach white. then i sprayed the top with glossy black. then i sprayed the head with black. then i used white gloss enamel for the eye. then a drop of black gloss enamel ontop. then i sealed it.

i think it looks pretty good for my first time. btw i was using regular spray paint.

i plan on fishing this around crappie spawning/feeding areas. (it immitates a spawning male crappie pretty well), or where the fish are feeding on shiners.

Nice fade job!! Anyway you look at it if you gotta start somewhere.

thanks jim, i also just finished a muskie topwater, ill post it up soon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Here ya go. Freeking cell phones!  He's a dandy!
    • OK, I will defer to you since you know.  I figured since your picture was ignored that somehow that wasn't the right one.   So I took a whack at it.    Maybe next time.....
    • Returning to "crooked Hillary"   saw this on CNN site...    
    • Go straight to a farmer. 56 pounds per bushel of corn. Under $3 per bushel right now.  
    • Beautiful, congratulations archerysniper. 
    • I am not sure if it is purely higher deer numbers.  But we certainly have higher hunter density per deer.   Add on top of that, we have a less selective tradition in Minnesota.  Hunters here are less likely to pass small bucks than many other states.  Right or wrong I personally don't care what others chose to shoot it Thier hunt. I too, felt the same way as you about being able to shot one with each license.  Overtime I came to change my mind, I just don't believe it would be wise.
    • Not sure why it's upside down,if I have time I will play with it tomorrow. 
    • This Jim?  Labrador Tea and wintergreen berry below.
    • I can't believe any one of these people were baiting but Fleet in Brainerd must have sold 3 pallets worth just today.  I'm sure there just doing it to help the herd get fat before the winter..
    • Iv'e patterned alot of different shells , cut them apart ect. I shoot an extended choke tube ALL the time, it's either a miss or dead, and the biggest thing is shoot them within 35 yards, in the decoys, let the fringe and passing birds go and it won't matter what shell your shooting, I shoot 2's all the time for ducks and geese, 3's if only ducks. I have found that the dimpled and imperfect shot still kills them dead if you shoot a tight choke and within 35 yards. Blindside patterend really good out of my gun with a Drake Killer choke tube and number 3's , killed geese really dead but not worth the money if your letting the birds get where they should be when calling the shot. I like the challenge of getting them feet down and seeing there rear end pucker when the blind doors open.
  • Our Sponsors