Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red Shepherd

T8 Yamaha Problem

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2004 T8 Yamaha kicker which up until last spring ran fine. Last spring it would run at high speed but would cut out at trolling speed. I took it in and believe the shop did a tune up and it ran fine all summer. The last trip last fall same thing happened, would not idle down. I started it up this spring and still cuts out at low speed. I have always had Stabil in the gas over winter and last spring per the dealer recommendation ran a Merc product called Quick Kleen Engine treatment. I know it will have to go back to the shop but was curious if others have experienced this and what was your fix. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

You may have fouled plugs wich happens a lot when you use those cleaners. Put new plugs in and make sure you have good gas and see how it goes. Thats easy step #1.

had the same problem with my t8 cleaned carb ran great but sat for winter and carb was gummed up again i guess it is the good quality gas we get these days. clean carb and it should run good again. it doesn't take much to foul up these carbs

I was told to run the gas (already treated with seafoam) out of the T8 at the end of the season by simply unpluggin the line. Actually he recommended doing it any time the boat would sit for a couple of weeks. Doesn't help you much now but maybe in the future?