• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pipestone Lake Ice Conditions

The ice is getting close to going out on Pipestone. It should be within the next 7 days. The ice is real black on Clearwater and is starting to shift around. Ice out lake trout action is just around the corner. For updates or more details, shoot me an email. I will post when things change.

Clearwater has some open water in places and is starting to move around. Should be clear in a few days. Slender is open, but iced up still heading up to Pipestone. Will update in a day or so. We still have a couple of openings for mid May. The action will be heating up soon.

Clearwater is 95% open. Pipestone is mostly out now. Thereis ice around the Gates Ajar area, but is real black and weak. Heading back up again tommorrow to open up the cabin and get some fishing in. We still have a few dates available for mid May. Great laker action for the next few weeks. Water temp at Sand Point was 41 degrees.

Pipestone is open except for the NW Arm. It should be open in a day or 2. Had to break ice on the way up in the morning and where we broke ice in the morning was clear for the ride down this evening.

Yesterday was just work, time didn't allow us to fish. The guys were out already and they had caught a few trout and 37.5" pike already though. Here's a video of the ice and the pike.

Superbee - thats a crazy video!!

who was that with the boats?? guests??

Doesnt that ice really do a number on the boat paint?

How was that Pike caught?? I mean there was just a section of open water where you had plowed the boats through...did they just cast right into that open water by all the ice? or was it caught in some other area with more open water?

Very cool! Now thats getting out about as early as you can...

It was me and there was 4 guest boats too. It doesn't seem to bother the paint to bad. I was in the lead breaking ice most all the way, but when we got closer to the cabin, the race was on. It did more to my prop than anything.

The pike was caught in a different area on the way up the lake. Most all of the lake was out until the last couple of miles.

It always feels good being the first up the lakes, whether its the openwater or the hardwater.

We are located about 30 miles straight North by air from Fort Frances. Lac Seul will be close to opener from what I am hearing. What part of Lac Seul are you headed to? My brother will be flying shortly and will be heading over that area to their outposts North of Sioux to see what it looks like. Let you know if I hear a report.

We are located about 30 miles straight North by air from Fort Frances. Lac Seul will be close to opener from what I am hearing. What part of Lac Seul are you headed to? My brother will be flying shortly and will be heading over that area to their outposts North of Sioux to see what it looks like. Let you know if I hear a report.

We're fishing the SE section near Hudson. Lost Lake I think is the name of that portion of the lake. Crooked Rapids and Pelican Narrows is where we fish. Any info you can offer would be appreciated.

If the ice is out for the opener I would anticipate there will be a lot of prespawn walleyes in their spawning areas and the bite should be good. Would you agree?

I can not vouch for Lac Seul conditions. Plan to pick up a plane during the weekend, know more at that time. Next week plan on heading up north of Sioux to see what the conditons of ice are for opener will be. However, Wabigoon here at Dryden is virtually ice free today. Some chucks floating around but the vast majority is out or atleast it is here on the west end of the lake.